Get on board a life changing experience!
Study abroad in Tropea and tour around Southern Italy!
This fantastic program is designed for students from the USA to study Italian language and Italian culture in Italy. It is organized in cooperation with the renowned study abroad association Centro Fray Luis de Leon.
More than 20 years of experience on both sides, guarantee a high study abroad experience, having the students immerse in Italian culture and Italian lifestyle in an undiscovered and unspoilt part of Southern Italy, finishing it off in the eternal city Rome.
Piccola Università Italiana will issue transcripts for academic credits, which will be granted through George Fox University.
The dates of program in 2016 are from June 19 to July 20, 2016 including the following academic and touristic services:
- Inscription at the Piccola Università Italiana
- 80 Italian language and Italian culture lessons in small groups from 3 to 6 students
- On-site program director
- Special study sessions with on-site program director
- 3 interesting seminars / workshops on Italian culture related subjects
- 4 classical Italian movies with seminar
- 6 Educational field trips to discover the most unspoilt region of Southern Italy: Calabria
- 1 Cooking lesson to learn how to cook healthy mediterranean food
- 1 Typical dinner with calabrean specialities with Italian live music
- Weekend trip to Sicily, discovering Siracuse and Noto
- Weekend trip to Campania, discovering Pompei and the Amalfi coast
- 3 unforgettable days in the eternal city: Rome!
- Issue of transcript for academic credit transfer
- Accommodation in a single room in a shared apartment in the centre of Tropea
- Accommodation in a double, triple or 4-bed room in Siracuse
- Accommodation in a double room in a 4-star-hotel on the Amalfi coast
- Accommodation in a double, triple or 4-bed room in Rome
- Insurance for the period of the program
Students may request a minimum of 10 to a maximum 15 quarter credits, or no credits at all, depending on academic needs.
Please do not hesitate to contact us or Centro Fray Luis de Leon directly for further details: