Our Italian language school also specialises in Italian courses for interpreters and translators.
A large number of interpreters from the European Commission study at our language school every year, so we know all about their special language needs!
An interpreter has a lot of individual needs! Because of this, an Italian course for interpreters can only be held in individual lessons.
These Italian courses serve to deliver general perfection and are there to prepare interpreters in certain special fields.
- GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
- BOOK NOW!
The course can take place either at our schools or as in-house-company training or online!
An intermediate level is required to attend this sector specific course.
At the Piccola Università Italiana, we are able to put together a special, individual language course just for you. The topics can range from Italian for agriculture to medical Italian. It’s up to you: We will tailor the course content for you!
Furthermore, an Italian language course at our Italian language school in Tropea or at our Italian language institute in Trieste can be pleasantly combined with a wonderful, relaxing holiday.
Our topics are:
- History of translation;
- Translation techniques;
- History and interpretation techniques: simultaneous and consecutive;
- The translation of subtitles;
- “Say almost the same thing” reading the book by Umberto Eco and reflections on the ethics of translation and interpreting
- Delivering general perfection to prepare interpreters in certain special fields;
- Development of linguistic skills in a specialized field;
- Acquisition of knowledge and language acquaintance of specialized terminology.
Size of groups
Individual lessons or small groups of 3 to max 8 students
individual or max.2
Type of course
– Individual lessons: you may choose our one-to-one or two-to-one packages of individual lessons.
This way you are completely flexible concerning the timetable and the number of lessons booked.
– Intensive course: Individual lessons + classes carried out in small groups of 3 to 8 students. If you want to attend this course the number of lessons is 4 lessons daily, 5 days a week (according to the regulation of group courses) + 2 private lessons, 3 days a week = 20 group lessons + 6 private lessons
The group lessons are divided into 2 units of 2 lessons each, with a 20-minutes break in between. Each unit is executed by a different teacher. The first part is dedicated to grammar and the second part to conversation. Both parts are performed in a communicative approach. Please read more about the teaching method and didactics by clicking on the link.
Then during the additional individual lessons, the teacher will focus clearly on the sector-specific part, which will be tailor-made completely to your particular needs.
On the last day of course students receive a certificate confirming participation of the course.
Read more details about the participation certificate, by clicking on the link.
1 – 52 weeks (extension is possible).