It’s a unique opportunity for opera singers interested in learning Italian applied to opera singing. The course will take place in Trieste and includes two weeks of:
Intensive course of Italian language and culture
At the renowned Piccola Università Italiana – Le Venezie, a dedicated structure recognized by the Ministry of Education with more than 20 years of experience in teaching the language.
Interpretation and rules of opera singing
With two great interpreters of traditional Italian lyrics: Daniela Mazzucato, light lyric soprano and Max Renè Cosotti, tenore di grazia; accompanied by pianist Federico Consoli.
Phonetics applied to singing
With Professor Roberto Santini, opera singer, director and teacher of Italian phonetics applied to singing, with a great amount of experience, particularly with foreign students.
Everything will be coordinated by the Program Director Nicolò Ceriani, Italian opera singer and director.
The voice master classes and phonetics applied to singing will be held at a specialized school, the School of Music, which has an auditorium and recording studio for singing workshops.
The accommodation provided is in the form of mini apartments, with all expected home comforts, and are all located within two minutes’ walk from the institutes.
In addition, there is the viewing of an evening show during the first weekend (Saturday 6th August at the Arena di Verona).
Operas to be prepared for summer 2016 are:
- Il Barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville) by G. Rossini
- La Traviata by G. Verdi
The voice specialization involves the meticulous study of the recitatives, teaching the tradition of interpretation of the main arias, Western gestural elements and drama applied to singing.
At the end of the course, on the final Sunday the students will participate in a final recital in a semi-staged and videotaped form, in order to demonstrate what they have achieved during the phonics, singing and acting lessons.
- Transfer to and from Trieste, Venezia or Treviso airport to Trieste
- 40 hours of Italian lessons in small groups of between 3-6 students
- 18 hours of singing workshops for vocal improvement
- Possibility to practice in soundproofed rooms
- 6-hour course in phonetics applied to singing
- Videotaped final recital
- Accommodation (15 nights)
- Educational tour of the city of Trieste
- Educational trip to Verona for the weekend, with tickets for Verdi’s Il Trovatore at the Arena di Verona (optional, not included in the program)
- Flights and meals are not included, and are the responsibility of the student