A cultural journey will lead you, from Pergolesi to Puccini, Rossini, and Verdi, to discover the life, works, operas, and arias of the composers who made up the history of opera music in the splendid setting offered by the city of Trieste.
Our Italian course for Opera singers is addressed to opera professionals and insiders, who want to study its history, vocabulary and phonetics.
This programme has been designed for pre-formed groups and a session can be activated any time with a minimum of 6 participants.
During this journey into the history of Italian opera, its life will be presented, librettos will be studied and the arias that still dominate the major theatres all over the world will be heard and sung.
History will help you to understand, while phonetics will make you correctly articulate Italian words, providing you, at the same time, with a conscious understanding of the Italian language of the opera.
- Get in touch with us!
- BOOK NOW!
Course start and duration
This course lasts 1 week (30 lessons).
Content and number of lessons
This course is divided in a theoritical part (20 lessons) which focuses on the study of “libretti” in its diachronic and literary dimensions with an Italian language teacher specialized in the Italian language of the opera directly at our school and in a pratical part (10 lessons) which will be held by an Italin opera singer and a pianist in a soundproofed classrom of a renowned music school.
It will be focused on the study of the following operas:
- Giovan Battista Draghi, detto Pergolesi (1710-1736): “La serva padrona”
- Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1868): “La Cenerentola” e “Il barbiere di Siviglia”
- Gaetano Donizetti (1797-1848): “L’elisir d’amore”
- Vincenzo Bellini (1801-1835): “Norma”
- Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901): “La Traviata”, “Aida”, “Rigoletto”, “Nabucco”
- Ruggero Leoncavallo (1857-1919): “I pagliacci”
- Giacomo Puccini (1858-1924): “La Bohème”, “Madama Butterfly”, “Turandot”, “Tosca”
The duration of a lesson is 55 minutes.
- Delivering general perfection to opera singers from a phonetic, cultural and historical perspective;
- Development of linguistic skills in specific vocabulary and pronunciation, such as correct articulation and spelling of Italian words;
- Acquisition of knowledge of the world of Italian Opera.
Size of groups
This course will be carried out in small groups of 6 to 8 participants.
On the last day of course students receive a certificate confirming participation of the course.
Read more details about the participation certificate.
The registration fee includes the following services:
- Teaching material
- Schoolbag, pen and writing pad
- Guided city tour of Trieste
- City map and information about Trieste, tips on excursions
- Presentation including welcome cocktail
- Patricipation certficate